Wednesday, December 15, 2010
I tried out some new font combinations with my Christmas card envelopes, inspired by the "Lily Wang" font:
1. "little lily across" This is an impactful script that takes up the length of an envelope. Done in all lower case, this style lends itself well to large envelopes (5x7 and up, perhaps?).
2. "lily & the city" Here's a nice combination of the Lily font used for the name, mixed with an uptown, all upper case address. Kinda stylish!
3. "lily proper" For the person who likes proper nouns done... properly. Lily font is used throughout.
4. "left to write lily" My favorite! The name done in 'little lily', stacked on the left side, with the address in the 'city' style, stacked on the right.
* Just click on the image to get a closer look at the fonts... Enjoy!*
Monday, November 29, 2010
Lettering is probably one of my favortie things to do. These fonts are a modern spin on old-school calligraphy that adds a personal touch to anything that requires numbers, letters or an explanation of some sort... Envelopes, RSVP cards, place cards, menu's & menu boards, gift tags, dessert signs, table numbers, thank you notes, monograms, well, you get it- just about anything!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
"we are a boutique design studio based in sunny san diego specializing in custom stationery: graphic design meets with fine art to create every eco-friendly paper good & stationery need from invitations and beyond. we can provide you with the finest in event design and styling from photoshoots to weddings and everything in between, including your florals to tie it all together perfectly. we would love to meet with you and collaborate on a unique design!"
- the alk.emy website blurb
- the alk.emy website blurb
Monday, October 25, 2010
I love this quote I found online... it's by J.K. Rowling. Almost as much as I love this quote is how much I love me some of that FONT! If you like this style, I'll have more to come on my website because I'm pondering the idea of also offering the handwritten stuff to go along with the invites and paper-products. I've hand written so many addressed invitations and paper goodies for friends and family, might as well add it to my reportoire. Plus, it's so much more personal to incorporate a hand drawn element into something... gives it a little l i f e.
Monday, October 18, 2010
It's official... officially scary! The alkemy design studio website and blog is slowly coming to life and the alk.emy name I've always wanted to use will finally make it's debut! I've continued to be inspired by all things quirky, beautiful, organic, modern and fun about weddings & events after all these years and know this is the right and next step to take. It's going to be quite a journey... won't you join me?